Recognizing Phishy Emails/Appreciating the Service Industry
Jeremy talks about an experience at his shop and how the service industry should be appreciated more. Also, the guys dig through a couple of phishing email attempts that happened in and around MPB over the last week. Finally, YouTubeTV enacts another drastic rate hike, essentially eliminating the difference in value between it and cable, making it almost a coin-flip decision.
Here are the list of stories in this week's tech news mentioned at the top of the show:
- Global app revenue jumps to $50B in the first half of 2020, in part due to COVID-19 impacts
- Peloton launches Roku app
- YouTube TV sharply increases monthly subscription to $64.99
- FuboTV increases monthly subscription to $65
- Spotify is launching a premium plan for couples
- Discord raises $100 million and plans to move beyond gaming
- AT&T brings 5G to Austin, Miami, Salt Lake City, and 25 other regions
- Mophie and InvisibleShield are making UV sanitizers for your phone
Join the Everyday Tech Facebook page!