Made by Google 2019
Jeremy and Jay talk about all of the news coming from the Made by Google 2019 event, including the Pixelbook, and Pixel Buds. They guys also take several calls on iPhone updates not working out so well.
SOME OF THE WEEK'S TOP TECH STORIES:
- Here’s everything Google just announced at the Made By Google 2019 event | TechCrunch
- Here's Everything Google Just Announced at Its Made by Google '19 Event - Thurrott.com
- Roku is the most popular streaming platform in the US by a huge margin - The Verge
- Keep an eye (and ear) on your home with the new Nest Aware
- The Pixel 4 doesn’t include any headphones, or even a 3.5mm adapter in the box - The Verge
- Sony is launching its 360-degree audio format this fall - The Verge
- Mixer Academy Goes Live - Thurrott.com
- Tile adds new sticky products as Apple threat looms, and more - DGiT
- Google Pixel Day, Apple Inc., and more - DGiT
- Fortnite isn't dead but it has reached The End, and more - DGiT
- DGiT Monthly: The September wrap, and October's here - DGiT
- 6 paid iPhone apps you can download for free on October 15th – BGR
- 15 best free Android apps of 2019 (September) - Android Authority
- Top iPhone and iPad apps going free and on sale 10-16-2019
- iPhone & iPad Apps Gone Free – October 16, 2019 | iOSnoops
- Top 8 New and Free Android Apps for October 2019
- YOUTUBE CHANNEL OF THE WEEK: “Data is Beautiful”
Everyday Tech Rewind - The Social Dilemma on Netflix
This week's episode of ET was washed out by the mess in DC. So, we've dug waaaaay back the archives to three months ago for this week's Everyday Tech.On this episode of Everyday Tech, the guys deep dive into the issue of addiction to technology and specifically, social media. The topic was spurned on by the Netflix docu-dramaThe Social Dilemma.According to the filmmakers, and their subjects, this isthe dilemma.Never before have a handful of tech designers had such control over the way billions of us think, act, and live our lives.From the official site of the doc:The Social Dilemmablends documentary investigation and narrative drama to disrupt the disrupters, unveiling the hidden machinations behind everyone’s favorite social media and search platforms.So, how stuck in your own tech rabbit-hole are you? Can you change? Do you feel you need to change?Watch the official trailer for the documentary by clicking the picture above.Also, you can visit the website for the productionhere.
Tech Byte - Do I HAVE to stream my TV viewing?
Jay and Wiltz take a call from a listener who's gotten the impression that if she doesn't convert to TV streaming, her favorite shows are going away. The guys point out that box-top cable is going nowhere, and that actually, as the cost of streaming soars, box-top cable companies (who also offer streaming and on-demand options) continue to add value back to their services. But, there are advantages either way you go. It all depends on how you consume television and how that fits into your daily routine.