Everyday Tech - The Motivation Behind Apple's "Self Service Repair"
Here are some interesting tech news stories this week:
- Apple’s new Self Service Repair program is an opportunity to repair relationships
- Google's Gmail app now lets you make voice and video calls
- Amazon and Target play 'outsized' role in port congestion and pollution, report finds
- A hacker named Bowser agrees to pay Nintendo $10 million to settle a civil piracy suit
- Instagram launches 'Take a Break' and other safety features for teens
- Samsung merges mobile and consumer electronics divisions in major shakeup
- YouTube says most disputed copyright claims are resolved in the uploader's favor
- Google's mail-in Pixel repair service reportedly compromised photos and accounts
- New Twitter CEO has already begun a 'major reorganization'
- Facebook is testing a bill splitting feature in Messenger
- Someone is hacking receipt printers with 'antiwork' messages
- Microsoft is testing a few ways to improve Windows 11's Start menu
- Facebook details its takedown of a mass-harassment network
- CVS Pharmacy now offers audio prescription labels across the US
- Patient receives the world's first fully 3D-printed prosthetic eye
- It's time to study the health impacts of TikTok, researchers say
- Amazon ordered to rerun contentious Alabama union election
Tech Byte | The Steam Deck Sounds Incredible...no seriously!
ET's Jeremy Thompson talks about his latest big tech purchase - the Steam Deck!However, it's much more than just a handheld version of the PC gaming platform.Jeremy discusses how mod-able the system is, and gives a warning about which internal drive options might work for you.
Tech Byte | MPB's Kevin Farrell Climbs The Stairway to a PS5...
MPB's Kevin Farrell recounts the penultimate chapter of his topsy-turvy chase to hold an actual PlayStation 5 in his hands.
Everyday Tech | Streaming & Game Platform Developments, PS5, Steam Deck & More
Jay White and Jeremy Thompson talk streaming developments, game platform developments, PlayStation 5, Steam Deck, and take your calls, questions and what you're excited about this week, in the world of consumer technology. Also, MPB Think Radio's Kevin Farrell stops by to share his PS5 shopping woes. Wiltz Cutrer is an IT expert. Jeremy Thompson is a computer repair ace. Jay White is the show's host. All three guys love to tinker with the latest tech gadgets and answer your questions. Have a tech issue? Send them an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.