Everyday Tech - Everyone Hates AT&T
The boys take several call from listeners about cloud storage, surface-like tablet or laptop options, and of course, everyone's distain for AT&T.
Here are some tech headlines from the last week:
- YouTube’s “Premium Lite” trial offers ad-free YouTube for €7 a month | Ars Technica
- Spotify is testing whether free users will pay a dollar to skip tracks | Engadget
- Amazon is offering $10 in credit for your palm print | Engadget
- Google TV for Android gets new discovery features and more streaming apps - The Verge
- Valve issues scathing reply over the facts behind a Steam antitrust case | Ars Technica
- Zoom to pay $85M for lying about encryption and sending data to Facebook and Google | Ars Technica
- Awful transaction and timing: AT&T finally ditches DirecTV | Ars Technica
- The State Department and 3 other US agencies earn a D for cybersecurity | Ars Technica
- Putting the PS5’s 10 million sales in context | Ars Technica
- Twitter Spaces updates makes it easier to share and discover live audio | Engadget
- HBO returns to Dish's lineup after a protracted absence | Engadget
- Netflix thinks games matter more than buying movie studios - The Verge
- Twitter is testing upvote and downvote buttons on tweets - The Verge
- Clubhouse is no longer invite-only - The Verge
- Facebook brings cloud games to iPhone, iPad via web app - The Verge
- Tesla will pay $1.5 million to settle Model S battery throttling complaints | Engadget
- Amazon handed record $888 million fine from EU data privacy watchdog | Engadget
- Sgt. Pepper’s to get new Atmos mix because current version ‘doesn’t sound quite right’ - The Verge
- Spotify’s paid subscribers hit 165M as podcast listening ‘improved modestly’ - The Verge
- Facebook upgrades Oculus Quest 2 storage and recalls foam face masks - The Verge
- Amazon reportedly has a ‘key’ to thousands of apartment buildings in US - The Verge
- MLB will try encrypted transmitters and bone conduction to stop sign stealing - The Verge
Everyday Tech - Universal USB-C?
This week on Everyday Tech:The EU is pushing for across the board USB-C ports, including iPhonesAustralia’s Top Court Finds Media Companies Liable for Other People’s Facebook CommentsMicrosoft's Windows store is now open to third-party app storesRoblox and music publishers settle $200 million copyright lawsuitRoblox and music publishers settle $200 million copyright lawsuit | EngadgetMicrosoft's Windows store is now open to third-party app stores | Engadgethttps://www.wsj.com/articles/australias-top-court-finds-media-companies-liable-for-other-peoples-facebook-comments-11631096115?mod=article_inlineEU proposes mandatory USB-C on all devices, including iPhonesYour Ring doorbell can now tell you when you have a package on your doorstepCNN restricts access to its Facebook pages in Australia | EngadgetAlphabet's laser-Internet system has sent 700TB of data with 99.9% uptimeAndroid 6 and up will start stripping unused apps' permissions$5.9 million ransomware attack on farming co-op may cause food shortageAmazon has banned over 600 Chinese brands as part of review fraud crackdown | EngadgetRoku's new Streaming Stick 4K gets Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and better Wi-Fi | EngadgetMicrosoft Start is a personalized news feed designed for Windows 11, mobile, and more
Everyday Tech - Only 3 hours of gaming a week?!?
This week on Everyday Tech:A guy unlocked almost 2,000,000 AT&T phonesDoor Dash introduces on-demand alcohol deliveryTwitter will pay over $800,000,000 in an anti-trust lawsuitiOS 15 is out, we'll have some of the new perksChina is severely restricting teens access to gaming, are they on to something?and a ransomware attack on a farming co-op?Alphabet's laser-Internet system has sent 700TB of data with 99.9% uptimeAndroid 6 and up will start stripping unused apps' permissions$5.9 million ransomware attack on farming co-op may cause food shortageMan who unlocked 1.9 million AT&T phones sentenced to 12 years in prison | EngadgetAmazon has banned over 600 Chinese brands as part of review fraud crackdown | EngadgetTikTok owner ByteDance limits younger users to 40 minutes a day in China | EngadgetRoku's new Streaming Stick 4K gets Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and better Wi-Fi | EngadgetDoorDash expands alcohol deliveries to 20 states and DC | EngadgetTwitter will pay over $800 million to settle a class action suit | EngadgetiOS 15 is now available | EngadgetMicrosoft Start is a personalized news feed designed for Windows 11, mobile, and more
Everyday Tech - The New iPhone 13 is here!
This week on Everyday Tech:The headline is the new iPhone 13Battery, storage and camera upgrades are heremacro photography and cinematic videoWhat apple phones will get a price drop and which will be discontinuedThe iPhone 13 lineup and everything else just announced: Our Apple event recapiPhone 13 is here, and Apple upgraded the battery, storage and camerasiPhone 13 Pro cameras: Why this pro photographer is excited for Apple's new flagshipiPhone 13 price and preorders: How to get Apple's new phones for $0, starting FridayOlder iPhone prices slashed: All the discounts and which phones Apple's getting rid ofiPhone 13 battery life adds several hours to a single charge, Apple saysFord, Argo, and Walmart are bringing robo-delivery to three US citiesMicrosoft Start is a personalized news feed designed for Windows 11, mobile, and moreWhatsApp fined $267 million for breaching EU privacy lawTwitter has plans to let users hide their old tweets