EVERYDAY TECH - Apple Watch or Fitbit
Here are some of the stories the guys have been looking at this week.
- Facebook says removing viral COVID-19 misinformation video ‘took longer than it should have’
- Spotify podcast consumption doubles as overall listening recovers
- Rite Aid used facial recognition in secret across hundreds of its stores
- Google reportedly negotiating with Samsung to push Assistant over Bixby
- AMC and Universal agree to let movies go from theaters to digital rentals much sooner
- Google Stadia tests 4G and 5G game streaming
- Discord’s mobile app is getting background noise suppression because life is noisy
- TikTok is opening up its algorithm and challenging competitors to do the same
EVERYDAY TECH - Ransomeware Beware!
This week's guests are from Seventh Knight, the developer of AppMoat.Travis Odom – VP, Customer Experience Charlie Case – VP, Government ServicesDiscussed on this episode:What is Ransomware?encrypts (scrambles) personal files (documents, pictures, taxes, financial/customer records, etc)Requires paying a “ransom” to (maybe) get your files backCommonly initiated by malicious links in emailsWhy should we be concerned?even if not YOUR business, we all pay when people loseImagine losing family photosEven backups can be, and often are, compromisedRECENT EXAMPLES: Including Yazoo County schools being held up for more than a quarter-million dollars!What can we do about it?Awareness and recognizing scams is crucialBe suspiciousPersonal users can use tools such as CryptoPreventBusinesses can benefit from AppMoat, a 24/7 managed service to protect their systems(AppMoat is a Ransomware/Zero-Day Managed Endpoint Protection tool for Windows workstations and servers)https://www.seventhknight.com/appmoat/
EVERYDAY TECH - Internet Browsers 2020
Visit the show page atEverydayTech.MPBOnline.organd ourFacebook page!Listen to Everyday Tech or any of the MPB Think Radio programs live or on demand on the MPB Public Media App!Free on iTunesFree on Google Play